The Associate Design Engineer will support KNF's engineering functions by designing and developing diaphragm pumps for the transfer of air, gases, vapor, and liquids to meet customer specifications.
- Work closely with other design engineers, sales and marketing to design / select appropriate pump models to be offered for specific customer applications.
- Prepare detail design layouts, solid models, and finalized detail drawings to support manufacture and development of new pump models.
- Modify existing base pump designs to meet specific customer flow rate, vacuum, life expectancy, and cost targets.
- Work concurrently with test technicians to test new design concepts and validate proof of concepts.
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials in SAP.
- Participate in design reviews and obtain design input from engineers, technicians, and other departments as required.
- Work closely with production personnel to troubleshoot problems with production.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions for such problems.
- Interface directly with supply chain, manufacturing, and vendors as required to maintain pump configuration and costs.
Skills and experience:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 1 - 3 years of demonstrated product development experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical CAD design in a manufacturing environment, Pro Engineer / CREO experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing fundamentals
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to apply online.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***