The Lead Machinist will Act as an experienced CNC and manual machinist who can drive continuous improvement throughout all phases of machining – set-up, operation, deburring, and measurement. The Lead Machinist also develops programs and set-ups which result in the lowest machine operation time (cost) while meeting production schedules and drawing requirements.
- Produces machined components by creating CNC programs, performing machine set ups, and operating CNC machines to complete all necessary machining operations while meeting target cycle times, on-time delivery, quality targets, and other key business objectives.
- Takes initiative to drive continuous improvement throughout all phases of CNC machining – set-up, operation, deburring, and measurement.
- Develops and optimizes CNC programs to minimize overall CNC operation run time. Understands cycle time requirements and demonstrates a mindset to continually reduce cycle time.
- Reviews drawings, sketches, and specifications and ensures that all machined components comply with specified requirements, quality standards, and workmanship.
- Acts as an extension to the Machine Shop Supervisor and assumes additional leadership roles and responsibilities when the department supervisor is out.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate and optimize machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media. Optimizes machine controls to reduce cycle time and improve efficiency.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Sets up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Verifies set up and program by ensuring first piece complies with drawing, finish, workmanship, and quality specifications.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as CNC mills, CNC lathes, drill presses, saw, tapper, manual mills and manual lathes.
- Continually promotes Safety and Quality
- Operates multiple machines and complete secondary offline operations when cycle time and abilities permit.
- Completes all required paperwork and machine shop work instructions related to each operation and job assignment.
Skills and experience:
- Journeyman Machinist certification from a college or technical school is required, or 7 years of related work experience and/or training.
- Proven experience setting up and operating CNC Machines. Knowledge of Mazak preferred, but will consider experience operating other CNC machines; experience with Matrix & Smart control is a plus.
- Leadership experience strongly preferred.
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to apply online.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***