The Machine Shop Support Associate will assist the Machinists and Machine Shop Supervisor to complete tasks related to the operations of the daily functions of the U.S operations, while learning to operate manual machine shop equipment as needed.
- Wash and clean finished machined parts using an ultrasonic cleaner and other various methods to ensure cleanliness of the finished machine shop product.
- Clean, organize, stock, and mark identification numbers on incoming material.
- Locate, count and deliver raw material to assigned machine location.
- Operate the saws and drill presses under supervision.
- Complete all required paperwork and machine shop work instructions related to each operation or job assignment.
- Confer with Machine Shop Supervisor to resolve machine shop related problems.
- Clean benches, tooling cabinets, doors, small equipment, equipment carts, and other machine shop equipment, as needed.
- Sweep and mop the floor to ensure cleanliness and eliminate slip hazards.
- Operate a forklift to dump Hippo Hoppers (small chip containers located by CNC equipment) as needed.
- Empty trash and cardboard containers. Empty and clean shop vacuums. Organizes Machine Shop tools and fixtures.
Skills and experience:
- Must possess mechanical skills to understand how to operate industrial equipment.
- At least 1 year of cleaning experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, or completion of a metalworking or machine trade program/course.
- Operation of manual machinery and reading and understanding drawings is a plus.
- Facilities maintenance and minor repair work experience is a plus.
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to apply online.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***